3D-Core is a foam core of honeycomb elements connected to each other with small joints.
3D-CORE can easily be draped
to form 3-dimensional shapes and contours - following the contour of the mould.
Good resin flow
The 3-D Core structure generates a perfect system of venting and filling channels.
Optimized weight-performance and better properties
improves shear, compression and tensile strength
Improves production flow - some users report saving more than 50% of processing time.
you can experience significant savings in fibre and resin.
Range of foam cores with 3D-CORE
|E|XPS™||Foam from XPS||Extruded polystyrene|
|E|PET™||Foam from PET||Polyethylene terephthalate|
|E|PUR™||Foam from PUR/PIR||Polyurethane|
|E|PIR™||Non flammable foam from PIR with reduced drapeability||Polyisocyanurate|
3D-CORE stocked by Matrix
|PET - 100 kg/m3|
If you need high strength and low weight, 3D-CORE is strongly recommended.
- Marine - deck and hull applications - including vacuum injection
- Automotive - ideal composite monocoque and semi monocoque structures for prototypes and low volume production.
- Personal Protection - for example helmets and car safety components
- Aviation - the unrivalled stability and lightweight construction of 3D-CORE also finds its place in aircraft construction.
- Wind power - the tecnical properties of 3D-CORE are ideal for the use in windpower turbines.